Before Getting Your Tattoo
- Eating before you session is very important. The stress put on your body is incredibly taxing and you need fuel to keep up. Also, we have a microwave and fridge for your convenience, so get a snack and drink kit together and bring it with you.
- Hydration during and leading up to your appointment. Skin heals better when it is hydrated and also handles prolonged sessions better.
- Injury sustained prior to your appointment could affect our ability to work on you. Please call as soon as possible.
- DO NOT tan, fake tan, sunburn, or do anything else that might effect the quality of your skin.
- Please only bring one other person with you to get your tattoo. Our studio is not large and it can get crowded easily.
- No small children allowed whatsoever.
- Do not touch anything in the tattoo workspace.
- You are welcome to bring your own entertainment i.e. iPad, laptop, headphones etc.
It is important to know that everyone heals differently. What works for one person may not work for someone else. That being said there are a few things that seem to work for everyone.
- First keep the tattoo out of the sun for 2 weeks after your session. This includes tanning beds.
- Do not submerge it underwater of any kind. When washing allow the water to run over it gently.
- Remove your bandage after a few hours and only when you are somewhere that you may wash it. Use a mild soap and cool water to gently rinse all of the slimy coat off of it. Pat dry with a clean paper towel and allow to air dry for 10 minutes.
- Apply a thin coat of ointment to the tattoo. Use clean hands to massage it in thoroughly. Pat the tattoo again with a clean paper towel until the skin has a satin sheen. It is very important to remove this extra ointment.
- For the next 3 to 7 days continue cleaning and applying ointment twice a day. If you see excess fluid appear on the tattoo blot it with a clean paper towel.
- Once the tattoo begins peeling like a sunburn you can switch to an unscented lotion of your choosing. Do not pick the flakey skin or try to speed up the peeling process in anyway.
- After all the peeling is finished you may continue water activities as normal.